COVID-19 Updates @ Trinity
This site will be maintained with active updates as it pertains to Trinity’s response to the COVID-19 virus. Most recent updates will be listed at the top.
- Update on Worship Plan in Response to recent CDC Guidelines (as of 05/18/21) – An update from Church council on steps taken to cautiously relax pandemic restrictions for worship and use of the church campus buildings.
- Worship Re-opening in Sanctuary (as of 03/15/21) – Church council is re-opening in-person worship services starting Easter Sunday, April 4th, for both an 8:30 am & 10:00 am worship opportunity. Beginning April 11th and throughout the summer, one in-person worship service will be offered @ 10:00 am until such time council makes a determination for the fall 2021 season, or in-person attendance volumes require further assessment. Facial coverings and social distancing will be observed until further notice.
- Campus Re-opening to Group Gatherings (as of 02/22/21) – An update from Church Council on re-opening the Parish Hall for ministry team and small group gatherings, effective 03/01/21.
- New COVID Precautions (as of 11/17/20) – An update from Church Council and Pastor Doug on reclosing the campus, effective 11/23/20.
- Fall Virus Uptick (as of 11/12/20) – While virus cases are increasing in the area, Trinity continues to re-inforce re-entry guidelines adopted in June 2020 at this time.
- Phase II Church Campus Update (as of 07/07/20) – A summary of the Phase II re-entry recommendations adopted by Trinity’s Church Council on 07/20/20 for facility use on the Trinity campus by ministry teams and external organizations.
- Green Phase Church Campus Update (as of 06/09/20) – A summary of the Phase I re-entry recommendations adopted by Trinity’s Church Council on 06/15/20 for reopening the church building for weekly in-person worship.
- Transition Re-entry Team (as of 05/28/20) – A transition re-entry team has been formed using numerous scientific, medical, insurance, Synod, ELCA and ecumenical documents. These are a sampling of the documents: ELCA In-Person Guidelines, Church Mutual Return to Worship Guidelines, and Questions for Church Leadership to Consider (published by the Wisconcin Council of Churches). And, a 3-minute survey has been released to the congregation to let us know your feedback.
- Yellow Phase Update (as of 05/21/20) – An update from Church Council on summer worship, campus use and re-entry team formation.
- Summer Worship: Worship will continue to be streamed live at 10:00 am Sundays on the church Facebook page under “videos” until further notice. In-person worship will not resume until the “green phase” of Pennsylvania is declared.
- Yellow Phase Campus Use: Church Council met on Monday, May 11th and determined that during the “yellow phase” of COVID-19 recovery, ministries will now be permitted to begin using the church campus for gatherings of 25 people or less. All guidelines established by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania must be observed.
- Re-Entry Transition Team: A re-entry team has been formed and tasked with establishing guidelines for full campus use when Trinity moves into the “green phase” of Pennsylvania’s re-opening. Team members include: Pastor Doug, L. Slatt, R. Montelaro, J. Hein and R. Hurt.
- Reopening Letter from Bishop (as of 05/05/20) – An update from Bishop Kusserow on Reopening Guidelines
- Return to Normal Update (as of 04/21/20) – An update from Church Council on discernments surrounding future reopening decisions.
- Trinity Campus Shut Down (as of 3/18/20) – TELC’s statement for suspension of church activities
- Coronavirus Response for Worship (as of 3/13/20) – TELC’s suggestions/actions to slow down the spread during worhsip.
- Our Church, Our Neighbors and COVID-19 (as of 3/12/20) – WPA Synod Statement.
- Pastoral Letter: Coronavirus (as of 3/12/20) – A statement by Pastor Doug on precautions being made at Trinity.